The Menora Charity Fund has launched
our 2020 financial appeal.
In light of the Covid-19 crisis, we anticipate a significant increase in demand for financial assistance.
All applications from recipients are assessed in a thorough, professional and confidential manner.
Please give generously.
Menora Charity Fund is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR), donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
Message from our President
Dear Community Members,
The Jewish Community Council of WA Crisis Management Committee- Covid-19 Response has entrusted the Menora Charity Fund (MCF) with aiding the vulnerable and providing assistance during this unprecedented pandemic. In light of this we are holding our 2020 appeal now, rather than in May.
There are many in our community who are facing job losses and the financial impact of the coronavirus continues to escalate. Whilst the government has announced welcome relief, there will still be a multitude of individuals and families who require further assistance.
Current and new recipients will be subject to increased financial, medical and emotional pressures and we anticipate an enlarged portfolio of social support, which we will be called on to provide.
The MCF, through your generous donations and the tireless efforts of our incredible volunteers, had already seen a large increase in the support provided over the past few years. The need to close down our warehouse last month to protect our volunteers has curtailed all of our fundraising activities.
We gratefully acknowledge your past support and seek your renewed commitment to assist those living in our midst who are in serious need of our help. We urge you to please give generously to our tax deductible appeal during this developing crisis. Never before has your community so desperately needed your assistance.
We hope that you and your families stay safe and well over this difficult period.
How We Support Recipients
Thanks to the kind support of our donors, volunteers, professionals and trades people, MCF has been able to assist those in need in some of, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Emergency food, rent and utilities assistance
- Food assistance at Pesach and Rosh Hashanah
- One Box weekly fresh food delivery
- Electrical and plumbing services
- Motor vehicle maintenance and repairs
- Provision of furniture, clothing, household items and appliances
- Medical expenses for necessary operations, equipment hire, medication and personal alarms
- Negotiating lower rates from medical and allied specialists
- School books, tablets, uniforms and supplies
- Assistance with tuition and participation in school and extra curricular activities
- Crisis care and rehabilitation referral
- Financial and legal advice, and debt reduction consultation
- Job seeking, and fulfillment through our network of contacts
- Job up-skilling and training courses to enhance employment opportunities
Name: The Menora Charity Fund Inc.
BSB: 066 118
Acc No: 10296133
Payable to The Menora Charity Fund Inc.
61 Woodrow Avenue
Yokine 6060 WA
08 9375 5059