All funding applications supporting recipients are assessed in a thorough, professional and confidential manner.
The Menora Charity Fund Inc. trading as The Menora Foundation (incorporating Jewish Care WA) is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR). Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
Message from our President
Many of you will be aware that the Menora Charity Fund is now known as The Menora Foundation (Incorporating Jewish Care WA) and has the sole responsibility within our Perth Jewish Community to provide crisis support and ongoing family assistance to those who are experiencing hardship.
Whilst the perception is that the West Australian economy has been revived post Covid-19, unfortunately there are an increased number of community members requiring assistance with multiple and significant challenges. The loss of the JobKeeper programme together with the cessation of the moratorium on rental increases has recently intensified the financial burden of many.
Over two years ago we employed a qualified social worker and, due to the ongoing exponential demand in our services over the last year, we have had to employ a part time community worker and an administration assistant to cope with the increased need.
We gratefully acknowledge your past support and seek your renewed commitment to assist those living in our midst who urgently require assistance. We once again ask you to please give generously to our tax-deductible appeal as we are depending on you for valued support.
It is heart-warming to have such compassionate donors and dedicated volunteers to enable us to do our meaningful work. Let us hope and pray that those amongst us who are suffering will see better days in future.
President, The Menora Foundation (Incorporating Jewish Care WA)
Secure Online Donation Form
How We Support Recipients
Thanks to the generous support of our donors, our amazing cohort of volunteers, many professionals and trades people, Menora has been able to assist those in need in many areas but not limited to the following:
- Emergency food, rent and utilities assistance
- One Box weekly fresh food delivery
- Financial and food assistance at Pesach and Rosh Hashanah
- Electrical and plumbing services
- Motor vehicle maintenance and repairs
- Provision of furniture, clothing, household items and appliances
- Medical expenses for necessary operations, equipment hire, medication and personal alarms
- Negotiating lower rates from medical and allied specialists
- School books, tablets, uniforms and supplies
- Assistance with tuition and participation in school and extra curricular activities
- Delivery of Sunshine Gift Packs for Channukah
- Crisis care and rehabilitation referral
- Financial and legal advice, and debt reduction consultation
- Job seeking, and fulfillment through our network of contacts
- Job up-skilling and training courses to enhance employment opportunities
Payable to The Menora Foundation
61 Woodrow Avenue
Yokine 6060 WA
08 9375 5059