All funding applications supporting recipients are assessed in a thorough, professional and confidential manner.
The Menora Charity Fund Inc. trading as The Menora Foundation (incorporating Jewish Care WA) is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR). Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
Message from our President
Over the past year, the Menora Foundation (incorporating Jewish Care WA) has continued to provide both social support and financial assistance to those in our community who are experiencing hardship. We have seen a significant rise in financial aid required to cover basic needs such as rent, food, utility bills and medical expenses.
Households are facing spiralling costs due to COVID and the war in the Ukraine, with prices increasing for a wide range of goods and services. The rental crisis in Perth, coupled with the substantial rise in the cost of living has exerted considerable financial pressure on those who are facing times of struggle. We will also be supporting Ukrainian Jewish families and individuals who are fleeing the current conflict and coming to settle in Perth.
The increased number of community members requiring assistance with multiple and significant challenges has required an expansion in the number of Menora Foundation staff members. Over the past year the board has employed a General Manager and a Community Mental Health Worker to help our social health team to manage the recipient requirements. This has also been done to make the Menora Foundation sustainable for future generations. In addition, we have relied on the continued governance of our honorary board members.
We are also very fortunate to have so many compassionate donors and dedicated volunteers to enable us to do our meaningful work. We gratefully acknowledge your past support and once again ask you to please give
generously to our annual tax-deductible appeal.
Please refer to the donation form below.
Thank you for assisting us to extend the hand of kindness and provide care and support to our fellow community members who are experiencing challenging times.
President, Menora Foundation (Incorporating Jewish Care WA)
Secure Online Donation Form
How We Support Recipients
Thanks to the generous support of our donors, our amazing cohort of volunteers, many professionals and trades people, Menora has been able to assist those in need in many areas but not limited to the following:
- Emergency food, rent and utilities assistance
- One Box weekly fresh food delivery
- Financial and food assistance at Pesach and Rosh Hashanah
- Electrical and plumbing services
- Motor vehicle maintenance and repairs
- Provision of furniture, clothing, household items and appliances
- Medical expenses for necessary operations, equipment hire, medication and personal alarms
- Negotiating lower rates from medical and allied specialists
- School books, tablets, uniforms and supplies
- Assistance with tuition and participation in school and extra curricular activities
- Delivery of Sunshine Gift Packs for Channukah
- Crisis care and rehabilitation referral
- Financial and legal advice, and debt reduction consultation
- Job seeking, and fulfillment through our network of contacts
- Job up-skilling and training courses to enhance employment opportunities
Payable to The Menora Foundation
PO Box 476
Dianella 6059 WA
08 9375 5059